Tuesday, August 16, 2016


Manly Flowers

We arose early to a stunning morning with light fog and an empty pool.  It was my task to retrieve breakfast from the motel office.  For most motels 'continental breakfast' can have a broad range of curious meanings.  For this motel, to their credit they had much more than just cereal and bagels.  However, the orange juice dispenser filled with Sunny Delight was a surprise to be sure.  

Being on the road did not last long.  As we headed back to Burnet I noticed an abandoned bridge near Lake Buchanan



I could not resist and had to stop.  The fencing on the sides to keep me from jumping off was a distraction, but not has great as my concern for the vultures in the girders above us might provide a 'squirt gift'.

Back on the road, in Burnet there is a canal that runs near the main part of town.  It was early morning and town folk were gather with fishing poles in hand to fish in the stream.



Most of those fishing were scraggly old guys who were shirtless or or had on grease-stained wife beaters.  But this kid was impressive; notice the muppet-babies fishing pole and clean white shirt.


As I was heading back to the mighty Prius Debra requested that I take some pics of these beautiful gardens.  No doubt these will become rough plans for a future yard project.  For us killing plants takes effort and planning.




In Marble Falls we got a proper breakfast of donuts and milk from Walmart.  I also picked up some socks to help keep the bandages on.  We meandered around and found the older part of town.  They have a great array of sculptures.








I saw one that stood out.  We have a friend that is a purveyor of fine and exotic munitions.

When I saw this pot of flowers, it seemed perfect for his shop.  However the $500 price and weight (notice it is not bolted down) were far greater than my wallet or Prius could bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment